The wedding dress is one of the most important dresses you will ever buy. It is the gown you wear as you walk down the aisle in front of all of your friends and family, approaching your partner and preparing to say “I do.” There are many different types and varieties of bridal dresses to choose from, with many different details that make each gown unique. One of the centerpieces of a wedding dress is the back of the gown. Lace, sheer overlays, low-cut and backless are all beautiful back styles that we love, so we’ve compiled a collection of 15 gorgeous wedding dresses with stunning back styles we love.
1. This lace criss cross back is a beautiful way to show off your shoulders. Buttons down the back of the wedding gown complete the look.
Photo Credit: Sincerity Bridal
2. A beautiful, delicate, embroidered design that is accented with a feminine bow at the waist. Show off the detailed back with a messy updo perfect for any boho chic bride.
Photo Credit: Anna Campbell
3. Seeking a vintage glam bridal look? This sheer scalloped back lined with buttons is sexy without being too revealing.
Photo Credit: Corinne Krogh Photography
4. Nothing says love like a heart, and this heart-shaped cutout with 3/4 sleeves is absolutely breathtaking. The floral patterned lace is just the right material for this simple yet unique design.
Photo Credit: Happy Wedd
5. Bring a little sparkle and glamour into your wedding day with this draped crystal embellished back. With a dress like this, you’ll definitely turn heads!
Photo Credit: Johanna Johnson
6. We’re absolutely in love with this wedding dress with a gorgeous illusion lace back – every detail and pattern makes this gown interesting, modern and sexy.
Photo Credit: Nurit Hen
7. This beaded back wedding dress combines sequins, pearls and lace to make a statement that will catch everyone’s eye. Though it will be tough to find a bra to wear under this gown, the beauty in this portrait back makes it all worth it.
Photo Credit: Pinterest
8. This open keyhole back is a perfect example of how cutouts can be sexy without being overly revealing. Lace cap sleeves make this bridal look delicate and pretty.
Photo Credit: Monique Lhuillier
9. A gorgeous, deep cut, backless wedding gown that perfectly combines crochet lace sleeves and overlays. Show off your sexy back but keep things PG with the fluttered sleeves.
Photo Credit: Feather and Stone
10. Gold ribbon criss crosses along the back of this unique and simple bridal gown. Just a hint of gold is enough to make any trendy bride fall in love with this backless style.
Photo Credit: Jessica DeYoung Photography
11. A structured bow creates an interesting ruffle along the back of this wedding gown fit for a princess. Lace, tulle and satin combine beautifully in this mermaid-style wedding dress.
Photo Credit: Maison Yeya
12. This slit-back gown channels the roaring twenties and a fun, vintage look. The beading along the top adds a glamorous touch to this otherwise modest backless gown.
Photo Credit: Ozzy Garcia
13. Ribbon laces together to create this gorgeous corset bodice that is both elegant and sophisticated. The backless style makes this corset truly unique!
Photo Credit: Belinda’s Designs
14. Two strands of beads cross alongside the back of this beautiful low draped back wedding gown. Simple, elegant, sophisticated.
Photo Credit: Ross Dean Photography
15. Buttons bring together this beautiful bridal number, complete with lace cap sleeves and a dainty bow. Make sure you put your hair in a bun to show off the interesting detailed back!
Photo Credit: Sam Gibson
The back of a wedding gown is an ideal canvas for you to show off all the intricate and sexy details that you want to include in your wedding day attire. Trendy fashionistas will love taking it to the next level with the latest couture gowns, while brides who want to go the more traditional route can add tiny accents to make their dresses really special. Whether you choose a sexy cutout backless dress or a ruffled and lacy ball gown, a wedding dress with a gorgeous and unique back will surely turn heads and make you the star of the show.