This blog is brought to you by your friends at BrideBox Wedding Albums – the highest quality DIY Wedding Albums available direct to brides. Your precious wedding memories deserve to be shared for years to come, our incredible quality albums do just that. Join our mailing list today to get 20% off your future album! We hope you enjoy this post!
It’s totally normal for the bride and groom to be nervous and emotional on their wedding day. But if you’ve been tasked with giving the toast, you are probably just as nervous! Speaking in front of a huge group of people is incredibly nerve-wracking, so instead of trying to write the toast from your own limited resources, it can be helpful to borrow words from poets or other writers who have spoken about love. Since you probably know the bride and/or groom fairly well, you can share a humorous anecdote from their past, for example, how they met, how one pursued the other, or how the three of you used to pal around together, etc. Once you have captivated the audience, you can get a bit more serious and start talking about your wishes for their future together. There are tons of quotes about love and marriage that you can find to suit your particular needs. Here are 20 of our favorite quotes to include in your wedding toast.
1. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance. – 1 Corinthians 13:7
2. There’s nothing more admirable than two people who see eye to eye keeping house as man and wife, confounding their enemies and delighting their friends. – Homer
3. A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. – Mignon McLaughlin
4. One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love. – Sophocles
5. To keep your marriage brimming with love in the cup, whenever you’re wrong admit it; whenever you’re right, shut up. – Ogden Nash
6. A good marriage is at least 80 percent good luck in finding the right person at the right time. The rest is trust. – Nanette Newman
7. But let there be spaces in your togetherness and let the winds of the heavens dance between you. Love one another but make not a bond of love: let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls. – Khalil Gibran
8. In our life there is a single color, as on an artist’s palette, which provides the meaning of life and art. It is the color of love. – Marc Chagall
9. Laughter is the shortest distance between two people. – Victor Borge
10. You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep, because your reality is finally better than your dreams. – Dr. Seuss
11. To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with. – Mark Twain
12. There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion, or company than a good marriage. – Martin Luther
13. Love doesn’t make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile. – Elizabeth Barret Browning
14. The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. – Audrey Hepburn
15. No road is long with good company. – Turkish proverb
16. You can’t stay mad at somebody who makes you laugh. – Jay Leno
17. There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved. – George Sand
18. When love reigns, the impossible may be attained. – Indian proverb
19. We never live so intensely as when we love strongly. We never realize ourselves so vividly as when we are in full glow of love for others. – Walter Rauschenbusch
20. Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction. – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Remember that when you are giving the wedding toast, your friends’ family members will be in the reception hall. So, above all else, maintain a certain air of decorum. Grandma and grandpa, aunts and uncles, and even mom and dad do not want to hear inappropriate stories about the bride’s or the groom’s crazy college escapades or spring break visits to Cancun. So, make sure you keep the contents of your toast classy! These 20 quotes are all lovely choices to include in your toast and are sure to please everyone in the crowd, especially the bride and groom.